Old February 9th 05, 04:16 AM
Fly

Did you use the TCM seals or the Superior seals?
There is a difference.

"Peter R." wrote in message
Sigh Nine hours now on the newly rebuilt Continental IO-520 with
Superior Millennium cylinders, and already the primary fuel pump is going
back to the company for repair or replacement. More importantly, oil is
escaping from the #2 and #5 cylinders' push rod tube seals (at the
Continental case end, for those like me who thought it was a cylinder
issue).

My mechanic told me that, in his experience, Continental is known for
problems with these seals.

Anyone have any experience with leaking push rod tube seals?

Granted all of this is covered under warranty, but after three and a half
months down, I wanted nothing more than to fly the wings off this aircraft
now that the engine replacement work has completed.

--
Peter

News==----

Newsgroups