Old June 15th 04, 03:11 AM
Ted Wagner

I did my instruction at Estrella last September - November and I can't say
enough positive things about my experience there. (I'm a former power pilot
student and a long-time skydiver and skydiving instructor, so I've had my
brushes with bad instruction, and I know the good when I see it.)

But with those two choices, you can't lose.

-ted

"Chris K" wrote in message
I am fortunate to have a lot of time-off piled up.
Lately I have been thinking about a soaring vacation.
I have narrowed down my choices to 'Soar Minden' in
Nevada and 'Estrella Soaring' in Arizona (a little
concerned about July heat in phx). Has anybody had
any experience with the above schools? Can you recommend
others (preferably South West)? I am a commercial
power pilot looking for a transition type of training.
Would one week be enough (including the checkride)?

Thanks in advance.