Old September 26th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roy Smith

Default 3-blade prop?

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
We would either go with an overhaul, or now would be the time to
install a 3-blade prop, both for inproved smoothness of operation (the
Lyc O-540 ain't known for smoothness) and improved ground clearance (we
like grass strips).

One thing that may not be obvious is that the 3-blader will probably weigh
more. I think I remember looking up the paperwork on my club's Arrow (3
blades installed by a previous owner) and it was 11 pounds more.

The weight itself may not be a problem, but hanging out on the nose, it
makes a big difference in CG (which, depending on your CG now, may be a
good or a bad thing).