Old May 18th 19, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default Implausible Time Records

On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 9:38:57 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
For my last three flights I've been getting a message from OLC warning
of implausible time records in the igc file.Â* Does anyone know what this
means and what I might do to correct the problem? I've asked the
question on the ClearNav forum but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Here's a link to the file if that helps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/erm01jilim...8Q-01.IGC?dl=0
--
Dan, 5J

I sent my CN XC IGC 5-5-19 flight to a friend which when I posted it to the OLC did the same compression as the 5-3-19 flight did. When he posted it, it showed normal....ya. Now the CN XC IGC flight on 5-15-19 did the same compression to the right. So, I used the Flarm IGC file again on the OLC.
See You shows the files are valid on the CN XC IGC loggers and when altitude is checked shows fine. OLC gives 2 green circles with all the CN XC files..

I never had this problem before until I did the last update over winter with the CN XC Vario IGC logger. Yesterday I sent T8 the IGC logger file from 5-15-19 and they will be looking into it.

On the 5-15-19 flight, I did have GPS drop out several times, but the Flarm IGC logger doesn't seem to get affected for the OLC. Also, had several F-16's fly by and a B-1B bomber come right under me. I do know where ever I fly, with my transponder, my altitude is always getting shown by certain folks playing war games. On the B-1B I couldn't see through the cockpit windows to see what color helmets they had on...........!

Best. Tom @711.