Old October 8th 03, 03:13 AM
Brian Burger

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Andrew Gideon wrote:

Ross Richardson wrote:

In the snow ski community you do not get cotton thermal underware. Silk
is supposed to be the best but I use a good quality polypropylene
combination, but no cotton.

I'm going to ask a very un-PC question he what's the least flammable of
these?

Probably the silk is least flammable, followed by the cotton.

Somebody might make Nomex thermals, though. I've lost the URLs, but
there're several industrial/aviation clothing suppliers that do all sorts
of ordinary looking clothing in Nomex.

I don't think there's anything "un-PC" about the question, either. It's a
legitimate concern for pilots.

Brian.