Old August 17th 03, 11:29 PM
Drewe Manton

"pepito grillo" wrote in
:

Israel and Persia had a long and established relationship until the
fall of the Sha. And even after when the Iran released thousands of
military of the ancient regime from the jails, that relationship was
resumed in more secret terms.

http://www.1upinfo.com/country-guide...israel130.html

Thanks for that, and thanks for the link, I just wish you'd provided the
info upfront rather than via the convoluted route of Ollie North/Irangate
etc. My primary interest is in the nuts and bolts surrounding such
exchanges, not the political minutae surrounding it and following it's
end other than in general terms directly related. I'll freely admit my
ignorance in that I'd presumed there was no real reason for there not to
cordial relations between Israel and Iran given the history and the fact
that Iran is not an Arab state, but am not knowledgable on the depth and
history of any relationship.

--
Regards
Drewe