Old October 26th 11, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default armrest fastening question

I fabbed up an arm rest/control tube cover yesterday for the LH side
of the cockpit. It will hide the control for the flaperons and
airbrakes PP tubes and also work as an armrest.

I can use fasteners to attach it to the aft cockpit structure and to
the sidewalls of the seat pan, but where it rides up against the
sidewall of the fuselage interior there isn't any way to add threaded
fasteners. I did add a nice flange that follows the inner fuselage
skin contour.

I'm wondering, would a strong Velcro work for this? The unit needs to
be removed occasionally so I cannot permanently attach it.

Thanks,
Brad