Old December 31st 17, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

Default ASW27 Trasponder Antenna Installation Inside Fuselage.

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 7:33:39 AM UTC-6, wrote:
AC 43.13B 308d says you need a backing ground plane.
But I didn't see any special details for CF versus other composites?

Following the instructions from the glider manufacturer seems smart.

My std Cirrus has a schempp-Hirth TN that clearly spells out the installation
of the blade antenna. but it allows either aluminum or copper for a ground plane.
I chose a copper plate 0f .043 thick.
Trigg 22 has good output, but the 'sensitivity' was right on the low tolerance.
Any thoughts or insights?
thanks,
Scott