Old September 9th 19, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Dust Devil Dash - Tehachapi on Saturday September 7th

I downloaded and played on SeeYou TG's and 5Z's flights. Jeez those guys are brave. And must really know the local area.
I don't know the area from Tehacapi to Lone Pine, but watching those flights was a lesson on how to depart and head north at a low low and lower altitude.
Then when 5Z goes off the back of the Whites it gets really exciting again.
Hats off to those guys, took a lot of local knowledge and balls to pull off those flights in those conditions.
I would like to fly in that contest, but not in those conditions.
Two most excellent pilots at there best!