Old September 14th 19, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Skysight

Looking at today's forecast for Moriarty, NM, USA for 1300 local time
brings up a question.Â* I've always considered the thermal height, cloud
base, etc., to be MSL altitudes.Â* Indeed, looking directly at Moriarty
shows 11,500' which is reasonable given the time and date.

Moving a bit west, however, to the area of Edgewood, shows a blue blob
with an indicated altitude of 2,500'.Â* Now I know Edgewood's elevation
to be somewhat above 6,000' MSL.Â* So is there a big hole in the ground
that I haven't seen, is the height of thermals in AGL, is there an error
in the program, or am I missing something?

Inquiring minds and all...
--
Dan, 5J