Old March 31st 04, 09:01 AM
Loran

You know, I actually know John Spencer and when I asked him about this
article, he let me know that he said the monro 300 did not perform as
well as the surecheck vrx. So I asked him why the "razor edge"
headline he said he didn't write that, but it is was a guy named paul
bertorelli who did that. But paul is also in a mooney club with the
guys from the monro company.

I thought that was a pretty interesting discovery, considering they
are supposed to be unbiased, I wonder just how unbiased their final
editors are.

(BHelman) wrote in message . com...
Which quote they use is subject to a random sample obviously, because
they continue on that quote to explain why for capability they pick
the Trafficscope.

My point is they mention clearly that the price difference is
justified by the added capability of the Trafficscope.

Like they said, you get what you pay for.

Thomas Borchert wrote in message ...
BHelman,

Did you know that? The
issue editor skims through it and randomly picks something to add to a
title.

I'm a journalist...

In this case, the lead-in was a direct quote from the article, saying
"We give the Monroy a razor thin edge". While you obviously differ, it
should be possible to concede the article says just that - in the one
and only passage directly comparing the units.

It doesn't say "The Surecheck is way better" or something in that vein,
even if you keep claiming it does. It doesn't say "The Monroy is way
better" or anything like that, either. But I never claimed that.