Old December 6th 03, 02:55 AM
John Carrier

"Mike Kanze" wrote in message
Woody,

149484, a KA-6D, January 1990.

For what it's worth -

According to my A-6A/B/C NATOPS, at that time (1974) 149484 was "not in
fleet use" and not even a A, B or C.

Funny thing happened as I scanned this exchange. I checked my logbook and
I've got two hops in 149484 Feb 14 and 21, 1985. PMCF from rework at NADEP
Norfolk. Have no idea about the history of the airframe, but its the oldest
A-6 variant in my logbook (which includes a handful of EA-6A and the first
flight of the first ever rewing A6-E ... that'll get me a cup of Starbucks
for $6.95).

Well Woody, I tried to hide it from you, son. But I occasionally flew
something other than a fast mover.

R / John (AKA Masher, former fighter ... phighter? ... pilot)