Old December 22nd 05, 09:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,sci.electronics.design,alt.solar.photovoltaic

Default Wind/Solar Electrics ???

No, it's not, it's a modified square wave

SolarFlare wrote:
When a scope is put on the waveform the shape is a
"modified sine wave"

This is not a hard concept.

"Steve Spence" wrote in
message ...

That's my point. There are modified square wave

inverters (marketed as

Modified Sine Wave), and there are "Sine Wave"

inverters, which are

really MSW's with such fine steps that finicky

equipment can't tell the

difference. There are a few folks on this group

trying to justify the

"Modified Sine Wave" sales moniker but there is no

logic to it. Folks

who should know better, but can't find it easy to

"agree" with george

even for a moment. It even kills me to do it, but

hey, he has a point

for once.

--
Steve Spence