Old September 21st 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pat Russell[_2_]

Default Club Class Nationals

I support a Club Class National Contest in the US based on the list of
"Club Class" gliders and "handicaps" used at the last Club Class WGC.

I support this in general, but I have these suggestions:

1. Allow gliders that fall within the performance range of the Club
Class, exist in significant numbers in the country, and are not on the
IGC list (e.g. 1-35).

2. Use the actual IGC rules for tasking and scoring.

Every other country follows this convention (both 1 and 2, above).
Until USA does this, we will never get on the path of having a
competitive team. The Sports Class is wonderful, but it isn't the
Club Class.

The Club Class has the potential of becoming the first international
class to hold an international competition in USA.