Old December 18th 18, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Oudie 2's needed

Correction: We're looking at the Kobo (not the Nook).

On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 9:29:04 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Tony,

You might consider training beginner xc pilots using devices that run Top Hat or XC Soar. It lowers the barrier to entry when they use their own personal devices when flying a single-place ship.

Sandhill Soaring Club purchased a DG-505 to do exactly what you're doing and this is the route were looking at going. We may install the Nook or some other Android tablet. We're also using the Nano3 as an inexpensive datalogger for silver and gold badge work.

Best of luck with the new program. Let's compare notes at the end of the season.

- Chris Schrader