Old July 31st 12, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Hello? Any oldtimers around?

On Monday, July 30, 2012 1:05:29 PM UTC-5, Ricky wrote:

You haven't changed one bit in that decade. Herein lies your problem,

Mxsmanic. You claim to know a lot about aviation and flying, but your

knowlege is either 1.) Wrong (which you won't admit to), or, 2.)

Biased upon an artificial world of a simulator because you have never

flown a real airplane.

SNIP

Ricky

CFII, Multi, Balloon, A&P

Soon, I hope! ATP, Ultralight, Glider, Gas Balloon, IA

Best response I've seen in this group in probably a decade :-)

To answer your question, yep, still lurk, my 10 year tenor flying has come to a close, sold my Sundowner about 2 years ago, rented for a year, cost didn't justify the means so I moved on to different hobbies. Only flying I am doing outside commercial flights is putting up aviation randoms on my You Tube channel as I have been having fun looking back at my aviation accomplishments (more than Mx can ever say he has done in real world flying).

My first post was on a 2400 baud modem and 4 Mhz Packard Bell computer so I am probably right up there with the older timers of this group.

Ricky, I sure hope you go for that glider rating. I didn't follow through but the 20+ flights I did puts power flying in a whole new dimension that in the long run will make you just that much better a pilot after soaring (if you don't know this already LOL)

Only reason I didn't follow through is the club flies on days like today, 100F, heat index of 112 and the Blanick is one of the best places to experience a greenhouse effect :-) Kitchen was too hot, so I bailed.