Old March 20th 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Nicholas[_2_]

Default Ralph Jones

Another Ralph story.

A friend of mine was flying in a competition and damaged his glider.
Ralph said he could get it repaired overnight and having him flying again
next day.

At the workshop, my friend learned that Ralph had a duff radio in his
power aeroplane, and offered to try to fix it (he was a radio expert). It
took him about 5 minutes.

Next morning his glider was back at the comp. Ralph and/or his people had
worked overnight to repair it. When he asked for the bill, Ralph waived it
– saying “You fixed my radio, I fixed your glider.”

Chris N.