Old March 10th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default soaring in the San Francisco area

wrote:
I used to fly gliders some years back, and I am thinking of getting
back into it. Where do glider pilots in the San Francisco area tend to
go for soaring?

Northern California Soaring Association, at Byron Airport, a club about
an hour from SF on I580:

http://norcalsoaring.org/

Williams Soaring Center, in Williams, CA, which is around two hours from
SF, north of Sacramento on I5:

http://williamssoaring.com/

Soar Truckee will open for the season in May, 3 hours from SF on I80:

http://soartruckee.com/

There are still tows available at Hollister, which is about an 1.5 hours
south of SF on 101, but it's not clear when (or if) instruction will be
available again...

See also:

http://www.pacificsoaring.org/

Marc