Old April 1st 21, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Meet Your NTSB Board

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:43:09 PM UTC-6, Walt Connelly wrote:
'Tony[_7_ Wrote:
;1040575']On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:17:47 PM UTC-4,
wrote:-
Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
Nick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0-
Why do so many of the NTSB accident reports incorrectly claim that the
towplane released the glider!? Not speaking of ptt accidents.

Very interesting regarding the qualifications of the NTSB board members.
I don't think being current is overly important but the female member
is listed on the FAA Airman Registry site as having a student pilots
certificate. Maybe she is an accident reconstruction engineer? Not
that she is identified as such. None are helicopter pilots and one
might think that having at least ONE investigator with a helicopter
background would be beneficial. I would think that an ATP/A&P type
background would be important but that's just my opinion. I guess this
is just another example of government officials in over their heads?

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot

--
Walt Connelly

Now you may understand why NTSB recommendations may not be enacted by FAA and other agency. Sometimes more political than actionable.