Old September 22nd 04, 07:44 PM
Lynn in StLou

old hoodoo wrote:
Lynn:

Honestly, I don't know where. I was kind of grumpy when they took the
plane and did not inquire...however I think it is near a
McDonnel-Douglas factory as it mentioned a lot of retired MD factory
workers were going to work on it. It seemed like a small city was
sponsoring it. Looks like it has found a good home. The main guy that
was taking care of the bird here in Victoria died of a heart attack and
the plane fell into a bit of a funk in terms of constant care and the
city saw a chance to get rid of it and moved quickly before the vacuum
could be filled. NEVER turn your back on a bureaucrat!

The aircraft is an F-101F, formerly a Texas Air Guard bird at Ellington,
was previously based at Tyndall AFB. There is at least one picture of
the bird flying in TANG markings and Tyndall markings but my serial
information is in a box somewhere.

AL

FWIW, Spirit of St Louis airport is just west of
St Louis in the MO river bottoms. McD-D, now
Boeing, is about 10 minutes from me. What I did
notice is that the 101 at SoStL was different; at
least it had a new paint job. I am wondering if
they moved your 101 there and took the 101 that
had been there somewhere for resto. I will go
take a look later this week. Maybe it is your
101. If so, it has an okay home. Not the best in
the world.

Thanks for the response

--
Lynn in StLou