Old December 15th 04, 10:06 PM
C Kingsbury

"nobody" wrote in message
om...
I'm not supporting lying in any way. But, there is no reason to advertise
your mode of transportation. Personally it seems pretentious and
ostentatious other than in a passing remark or in response to a direct
question to reveal that you are traveling in such style. When somebody

asks
what time is it, you don't say "Look at my Rolex!"

Since 9/11 no one thinks business travel is a perk anymore. Even getting to
fly F is seen as merely a lighter form of punishment. All clients cared
about were the ticket prices.

CWK is right, when cornered we can be honest and justify the flight with

the
same reasons that we justify the purchase, umm... if we justify the
purchase.

The fact is that if you're making enough money to seriously consider
justifying flying your teams around by private jet, you're probably making a
killing on the software. How price-sensitive are your customers now and are
you seen as being low-cost or producing an extremely high ROI?

To be fair there can be benefits to this too, though. Companies like to feel
that they are doing business with winners, more so the higher up the ladder
you go. Flying in on your own jet certainly projects that image. Every
client will be different.

-cwk.