Old February 18th 04, 04:50 AM
BTIZ

leave it to Arkansas to do things differently from everyone else...
but I guess that means if the seller took it out of state.. Arkansas would
not collect..

hope he got credit for paying the Arkansas tax to the seller in his home
state..

BT

"Mark Manes" wrote in message
In Arkansas the seller is responsible for collecting and paying the sales
tax. I have bought two and sold one all in Arkansas. The second one I
bought, I told the seller he was responsible for paying the sales tax. He
said that wasnt the way it works....but 6 months later got a bill for

sales
tax for the sale (guess the FAA notifies the states when a change in
registration take place). I think resellers (dealers) are exempt in
Arkansas

--
Mark Manes
WC5I

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
Hello. I live in Illinois. I am in the process of selling my
Cherokee 180. Does anyone know if there are sales tax implications
for the seller? Does it matter if I sell the plane in-state,
out-of-state, or to a corporation?

When I purchased, I bought the plane from an individual who lived in
Illinois (and based the plane here), so no sales tax was due.

Thanks,
Nathan

---