Old January 14th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Least favorite ATC instructions... ... ...

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

Controllers at military fields are required to issue a wheels down check,
there's no exemption for fixed-gear aircraft. I belonged to a USAF Aero
Club almost thirty years ago.

Interesting. I had been told that the "gear down" report was a new
requirement when I was in pilot training; however, if you operated under it
almost 30 years ago, it was hardly "new," it was ~15 or so years old at the
time. I was apparently misinformed on the origins of that requirement....

--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight