Old August 29th 03, 01:38 AM
Vaughn

"JohnH" wrote in message
et...
Paul Lynch wrote:
Apples and oranges, supported by unsupportable numbers.

I would like to know, you know, for the next time someone rolls their
eyes upward when I tell them I'm taking soaring lessons :-)

Then try to find safety statistics that compare soaring to common
sports, such as baseball, skiing or scuba diving; then you will be talking
about a more "apples to apples" comparison. Even though a glider is a
vehicle of sorts, soaring is more of a sport than a mode of transportation.

Honestly, you are porbably safer sitting in your easy chair in front of
the boob tube than driving in your car, and you are probably safer driving
your car than flying in your glider; all different types of activities,
engaged in for totally different reasons.

Vaughn
Palm Beach, FL

john
orlando, fl