Old August 29th 03, 09:53 AM
Dave Martin

Government statistics tell us that;

1. There are more than 40,000,000 vehicles registered
for road use in the UK. If only half are used each
day, many on multiple journeys, say 5 each, that means
over 100million vehicle journeys each day. On average
UK drivers slaughter 10 persons per day.

In the history of Uk gliding we have not done 100million
launches and have certainly killed more than 10 people.

2. More people die in a hospital bed than anywhere
else in the UK.

So if you crash your glider don't go to hospital!!!!!

One of my first instructors would rarely fly in a thermal
with another glider and made the point that every pilot
of every other aircraft airborne was flying blind and
was out to get him.

Eventually he died in a hospital bed, aged 86, which
I suppose proves the point.....whatever it is.

Weeeell, that may depend on who your copilot is in
the bed!

:-)

Ian

'Al' wrote in message
Your gonna die no matter what....

is staying in bed until that moment safer..?

Probably....

is it more exciting than soaring

NO...

Al

'Ephraim' wrote in message
om...
Can anyone tell me how safety statistics for soaring
compares with
statistics for driving automobiles?

Thanks in advance,

--Ephraim