Old March 8th 12, 08:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Bright LED indicator for PowerFlarm

The audio alert warning on the PowerFlarm works as intended in
gliders. However, in self-launch or motorgliders while the engine is
on and in tow planes, the audio is of no use unless connected through
to the headset. I find a bright LED indicator gets my attention, so
built this as a portable install, mounts to the side of the PF with
Velcro.

A simple design using a single NPN transistor, two resistors and an
8000 mcd LED, it plugs into the audio out and connects in-line with
the power lead for the PowerFlarm. If there's interest, I'll post a
diagram, parts list and source. A picture is he

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/v...alertlight.jpg

bumper