Old June 5th 12, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

Default Where are you Butterfly vario?

On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:52:32 PM UTC-4, Bruno wrote:

I took delivery of a V7 vario at this year's SSA
convention and have completely loved it! The V7 is beautiful, has a
fast and accurate response to lift, amazingly configurable, beautiful,
has tons of info available in such a compact package, and did I
mention enough that it is the most beautiful vario currently on the
market?

I can only second that. I've only done a few flights with my new V7, but so far, it seems great. The backup navigation function and the FLARM display are nice to have.

In addition to the above, it is an ideal hub to take in GPS data from a PowerFlarm or a logger and to distribute it to a PDA. It delivers airspeed, altitude and compensated vertical speed to my PDA running XCSoar and syncs the MC setting. For those flying with an upgradable, reliable and cost-effective PDA, the V7 seems like an ideal instrument that avoids feature duplication.