Old November 7th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
R. Gardner

Default Any CAP pilots?

I saw her speak several times, but I missed that one! Ya know even the best
politician screws up sometimes. I hope someone straightened her out there
seems to be enough bad press already going around. But back to the
question, I believe I saw there were several non-CAP planes in on the
search.

Ron Gardner

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 6, 9:59 am, Newps wrote:
The Wyoming guys sound like student pilots on the radio. You have to
treat them with kid gloves.

Ya know. I didn't join the CAP to get free flight time, I have my own
plane and even my own airport. I joined so I could help another human
being that needs help in a timely manner. Let's add up the Wyoming
track record, they had four planes, two are destroyed, four people are
dead, all in two years. The thing that really got a chuckle out of me
was back about a month ago when the CAP was conducting a search for
Steve Fosset the networks were interviewing a woman CAP rep who was
very well spoken and sounded sincere, right up till the time a
reporter asked her if any other pilots would be allowed to help
search. Her response was " when the cowboys jump in their planes and
start searching we will ground all of our planes". This was just days
after one of "their" cowboys killed himself and two others in Northern
Wyoming looking for a lost hiker. Now granted, during a search every
one needs to be on the same page for safety there is nothing lost by
getting pilots together, make a plan for the CAP to search a given
sector and the others to each work different sectors. The more eyes
looking down the greater chance of a find, and at the end of the day
that's what search and rescue is all about. Her arrogent answer that
day has sealed the deal for me stay far away from the CAP.... Just my
two cents worth....

off my soapbox.

Ben