Old August 20th 14, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 12th Annual N40 H.O.P.S. (Homebuilt/Owning/Piloting/Student)Party,Wed, 7/30/14

On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:22:41 PM UTC-5, Dallas wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:

This is your official invitation to our annual HOPS Party in the

North 40 during Oshkosh Airventure. ("HOPS" stands for "Homebuilt,

Owning, Piloting, and Student".)

This will be our 32nd consecutive Oshkosh Fly-In! As always, this

party will be held at our campsite in the North 40 aircraft camping

area on Wednesday during the week of Airventure. This year, that will

be Wednesday, July 30, 2013.

If you're wondering what it's all about, here are some pix from each

year's event.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...220013.1073741
http://br / font color="green"...45a/i/font

It's laid back, fun, and allows all of us to put faces with the names

we've seen on-line for years. Amelia's Landing Hotel provides the

food, while "admission" is a six-pack of good beer from your

hometown. Because we're from everywhere, this lets us all sample

beers from all over the country. It's great fun!

How does one find this party, you ask, in a sea of aircraft? It's

actually easy, with a bit of planning. Simply stop at the EAA booth

at the entrance to the North 40, and either give them our name, or

our N-number -- N14EG. They will vector you right in to our site.

Just remember that the EAA camping booth closes around 6 PM, so you

should obtain the party location earlier in the day. (Someone usually

posts it as well.)

The party starts after the airshow ends -- we usually have a nice

crowd watching the arrivals/departures that begin as soon as they

reopen the airspace. Bring a chair if you can, as that's usually what

runs out first.

If all else fails, look for the blood red RV-8A named "Amelia" in the

North 40. It will probably be the only RV-8A out there! We also

usually fly an enormously tall Texas flag over our site, so that

should help to track us down, too.

Hope to see you there!

BTW: The first 40 attendees receive the COVETED HOPS Party t-shirt!

Some guys have them going back a decade or more!

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...9620_769840686

371843_9107527785543775071_n.jpg

Sorry I missed it.

--

Dallas

You missed a good one! We had over 50 people in attendance, with beers from over 40 different parts of the US and Germany!

Don't worry -- we'll do it again next year!
-
Jay