Old February 4th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_1_]

Default NK ClearNav Update

Paul Remde wrote:
However, I recommend simply using the ClearNav for navigation and glide
computations and using the other unit as only a speed-to-fly variometer.

Is the top right of the display, where it shows "Distance" and "Alt.
diff" the final glide read-out?

If so I was confused by the "Alt. diff" label, thinking that it was
waypoint surface height difference and that I'd still need the C4's FG
calculations. However, if those are the FG display, then I agree that
the C4's FG functions can be ignored.

Regardless of feeding the vario, I still think that a GPS output would
be a useful option, at least in the interim. I'm certain I'm not the
only pilot using a logger without a built-in GPS receiver (EW series D).

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK