Old March 28th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John Carrier

Default Naval Aviator Production

Can't speak to Helo and Maritime production, but strike aviators have run a
bit under 300/year for several years now. I suspect the data is buried in
CNATRA or BUPERS somewhere ... probably not accessible on line.

R / John

"Frank Minich" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody know of a chart showing the number of Naval Aviators
'graduating' on a year-by-year basis, going back to the 40's?

I know it would be tougher now that "Naval Aviator numbers" are not
assigned
to individuals, but I'm just wondering.
What with the 'payback' period growing longer and longer, and the number
of
P3s and carriers continuing to head downward, seems like the number would
be
approaching 0.

When I went through Pensacola in 73, there was an unused wing at the BOQ
that "was full during VietNam" (so they said). It was mildly depressing
then - I wonder what it's like now.

Frank