Old October 27th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Regs regarding "VFR flight following?" (also: "need to vent")

: Class C services include separation between IFR and VFR aircraft, they are
: provided to all aircraft within Class C airspace, and to all participating
: aircraft within the outer area. When you contacted approach you became a
: participating aircraft. If vectors are deemed necessary to provide
: separation you will receive vectors. If you're not willing to accept them
: don't be a participating aircraft.

Ah... there's the rub though. I was not, nor did I plan to actually enter the
Class C. I am certainly not advocating disregarding ATC requests when in the
controlled airspace. I'm arguing against the seemingly mandatory re-routing of VFR
traffic completely around the lateral boundaries of a Class C should the VFR traffic
want to cooperate with ATC by communicating with them.

I suspect you have it pretty much summarized though. Sad that the only
"solution" to this is just squawk 1200 and buzz through fat, dumb, and happy.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
* Electrical Engineering *