Old February 8th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Cooper-Harper Handling Qualities Rating Scale

Nothing to add, I just thought I'd post a version reformatted so that
it doesn't rely on tabs to establish columns:

1 Excellent
Highly Desirable
Pilot compensation not a factor for desired performance

2 Good
Pilot compensation not a factor for desired performance
Negligible deficiencies

3 Fair
Minimal pilot compensation required for desired performance
Some mildly Unpleasant deficiencies

4
Minor but annoying Deficiencies
Desired performance requires moderate pilot compensation.

5
Moderately objectionable Deficiencies
Adequate performance requires considerable pilot compensation

6
Very objectionable but Tolerable deficiencies
Adequate performance requires extensive pilot compensation

7
Major Deficiencies
Adequate performance not attainable with maximum tolerable pilot
compensation. Controllability not in question.

8
Major deficiencies
Considerable pilot compensation is required for control.

9
Major deficiencies
Intense pilot compensation is required to retain control.

10
Major Deficiencies
Control will be lost during some portion of required operations.

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24