Old September 2nd 05, 10:54 PM
Mark Hansen

On 9/2/2005 14:22, Robert M. Gary wrote:

One more comment if I may. If this is your first airplane you really
want to either buy into a partnership or make VERY good friends with
long time owners. We learned so much in the first couple of years and
blew through several thousand dollars in the learning curve.

This seems like one of the primary advantages...

Also, one quick way to justify a partnership is insurance. The cost of
insurance for 2 or 3 people is the same as for just one person. The
insurance company just charges you the solo rate for the most expensive
pilot, no extra charge for pilots. My broker says the 4th pilot does
increase the rate though. Beyond 4 is usually a "flying club" rate
which can be much higher for high performance aircraft.

Understood. I assume the new partner would just pick up the additional
premium then - sounds fair to me ;-)

-Robert

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Student
Sacramento, CA