Old March 13th 05, 08:32 PM
Jim Rosinski

Dan Luke wrote:

My airplane's been based a mile from Mobile Bay for 5 years. I treat
it with CorrosionX at each annual and have had no corrosion problems.

That's encouraging to hear. Couple of things that may make the
situation worse on Maui though are the wind and the waves. You get the
steady northeast trades coupled with an afternoon sea breeze and the
wind can really howl. A steady 25-30 knot wind and big waves that have
traveled many miles over the open ocean crashing on the shore makes for
a lot of sea spray. But is it really that much worse for airplanes than
the gulf coast? I wish I knew.

Jim Rosinski