Old August 27th 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

Default Lockheed Hudson

Thanks Ron

I remember the Adastra Hudsons well.
They were based here at Roma for a spell in the 1960's doing some form of
survey work. I was a kid of about 11 or 12 at the time.
Have a number of pics of them in the Adastra colours.
One day when no one was around I sneaked on board and took a few photos of
the inside. Probably good value that I didn't get busted. :-)
I believe that one of our local chaps (Horace Selwood) flew with a Hudson
squadron during WWII and apparently he knew one of the pilots from that same
era.
Can remember how thrilled he was to be able to sit in the pilots seat again
and run up the engines. :-))

Cheers
Graham

"Ron Cuskelly" wrote in message
TacAN wrote:
Beautiful shot Glen.

Did any of the current Hudsons in Australia put in some time with Adastra
Airways back in the 1960's??

Graham

"Glenn" wrote in message

Graham