Old February 5th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John[_2_]

Default Why airplanes fly

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 22:19:14 -0600, "Art Varrassi"
wrote:

Mxsmanic,

That is a very concise and accurate statement and a good generalized
response to a layperson asking the question "how do airplanes fly?".

I see no reason for all of the snide comments from others.

I commend you for continuing to post in these newsgroups in spite of the
harassment you have been subject to.

Art Varrassi
CP-ASEL
KADS - Addison, TX

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
.. .
Fixed-wing aircraft fly because their wings generate lift as they move
forward
through the air.

Bottom line is that people with money buy airplanes and have enough
left over to buy gas to fkly them..

Big John