Old December 12th 04, 01:02 PM
Michelle P

A good pilot alone will take up half of your 80-120K, you will most
likely need two.
Michelle

nobody wrote:

I had a brief meeting with my CEO last week. Our company spends 80K - 120K
annually on commercial flights. He knows I am a private pilot and he asked
me if I could prepare a comparative analysis of alternatives such as
fractional ownership, outright ownership, leaseback or charter.

I don't know jack about jets. My assumption is that I'm looking at a jet
versus a King Air or similar. We're based in Houston and regularly fly to
both coasts with 3 - 6 passengers. I am looking at a large, empty
spreadsheet. Many manufacturers and brokers offer breakdowns for their
products but I am looking for a non-biased source for several pieces of
information.

1.) Where can I find non-biased, mostly accurate estimate of direct and
indirect operating costs?

2.) There are several business jet models available for 1,000,000 like the
Hawker DH 125, Sabre, Citation 500, Lear 24 and 25, Jet Commander. Short of
looking up all the AD's for each variation of each model, where can I find
an honest review of those models with both pros and cons?

3.) Is $1,000,000 reasonable or should I expect those aircraft to be in
need of some serious work, AD compliance, or expensive upgrades to meet RVSM
certification?

4.) Anybody know what a full time corporate pilot makes nowadays?

TIA,
Ed