Old August 23rd 04, 07:05 PM
Robert Briggs

David Brooks wrote:
gregg wrote:

His reply was that I would have no trouble and in fact would have done a
better job than the terrorists (because I wouldn't have boresighted the
targets like the terrorists did, but would have accounted for the wind
during the approach - which the terrorists did not).

It's assumed they used some navigational assistance and not just pilotage
(they knew the lat/long of the targets) so they probably learned how to
program the avionics.

They may have been able to *read* the avionics, but *programming*
them seems a tad unnecessary when your target is one of the most
distinctive buildings for hundreds of miles around.