Old May 31st 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval

Default Defense against UAV's

"Glenn Dowdy" wrote in message

"Keith W" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Keith W wrote:
If you are using video imaging (backed up by some other, e.g.
IR/passive EM sensors),
I suspect it is a graduate student's exercise in image recognition to
distinguish a warship (esp. aircraft carrier) from an oil
rig/tanker/finshing ship. Especially if you are flying slow.

As a software engineer I'd suggest you are wrong. If such recognition
is so easy how did an Argentine aircrew drop bombs on an
American tanker in 1982 believing it was a RN Carrier ?

Scared ****less of being shot down?

The Argentine air crews displayed almost suicidal bravery

Are these exclusive?

Not at all

Keith