Old March 27th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Maynard

Default A.N.N. BUSTED! Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

On 2008-03-27, olympusE1 wrote:
...and why do you think he waited until a couple weeks before Sun-N-
Fun to bring this up? After all, he DOES own a Glasair, registered in
a state other than Florida (look up N411AN on the FAA database) and
has operated it in Florida nearly continuously, including during the
crucial six month period after he bought it. It would be interesting
to know if HE was billed by the Florida DOR, and if so, when. (Mr.
Wanttaja, are you listening?)

It would be. That does not change the basic story, which is about much more
than Zoom Campbell.

As for your not caring what his motives are, allow me to give you a
little background.

I'm sorry that so many people have had so much trouble with the guy, and
glad that our paths have never crossed.

That does not change the basic story, which is about much more than Zoom
Campbell.

(BTW, the Beretta 92, while a fine pistol, is far from a "hand cannon".)

Yes, the story is indeed what matters. No doubt about it. But in
Campbell's case you ALWAYS have to consider whether you are getting a
fair, objective and representative telling. In the case of anything
Sun-N-Fun related, the chances of reading something fair and objective
on ANN are somewhere between microscopically slim and none.

I'm not reading it on ANN. I've never visited ANN. For that matter, I never
read US Aviator. I'm reading it from AOPA and EAA, and hearing about it in
person from Phil Boyer. ANN's credibility, while quite possibly an issue in
general (I'm not commenting one way or the other, as I don't have enough
facts to make a decision, although I can certainly see why lots of folks
find Zoom's credibility lacking), is not relevant to this story. AOPA's and
EAA's are, and they have sufficient credibility for me. The minute AOPA and
EAA picked it up, Zoom Campbell's credibility became irrelevant.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)