Old March 5th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jack Hamilton

Default 747 versus truck

"Private" wrote:

"Marty Shapiro" wrote in message
. ..
"gatt" wrote in
:

YouTube just never gets old...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyMGL...eature=related

They oughtta show this to the beach people at St. Maartin.

Although a 747 was shown earlier in the film, the aircraft used to blow
the
fire truck over was a 767. The demonstration was done at KSFO and the
fire
truck was going to be scrapped and all fluids had been drained. They
showed this a long time ago at an FAA Wings saftey seminar and one of the
people who had participated was in attendence. I forget what the engine
setting was, but it was NOT full throttle.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)

To be fair we should notice that the engine and transmission had also been
removed. I fear that the shell was not properly recovered from the ocean?

It might have been as heavy as a Yugo, even without an engine.

SFO is by the Bay, not the ocean.