Old February 1st 06, 01:55 AM
B-Rad

ok dude, everybody said there 2 cents worth...here's from somebody on the
inside...
First thing you have to do is find a recruiter that will work with you. You
can go through basic as an E-5. I had a high school to flight school guy in
my basic training class 13 years ago. It can be done. You CAN get in
straight to WOFT, but the trick is, as I said before, to find a recruiter
who will do what is neccessary, and it is a lot of paperwork. There ARE good
recruiters out there. There are also BAD ones...do some research, and don't
join unless you see what you want in your contract. If that involves you
walking out of the MEPS station, then do what's right for you. They can't do
**** to you until you swear in before you ship to basic. Don't let them BS
you.

....Good luck dude, and hopefully we'll see you during preflight one of these
days.

Brad

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am a 32 year old private fixed wing pilot. An army recruiter
promised to get me into Fort Rucker if I joined. Here is the problem -
after the boot camp I will still be an E3, to go to WOFT one must be an
E5 or better. Question-- can they put in my contract that I am going to
Fort Rucker upon completing boot camp?