Old July 20th 04, 01:44 AM
Geo. Anderson

On 7/19/04 7:21 PM, Hankal wrote the following:

Question to all who use Lightspeed headsets.
I have been using Avcom headsets for the last 4 years. Only complaint is the
pressure on the ears, even with GEL cups.

How do you like Lightspeed? Pro and Con.
What is the best model for the best cost?
How do you rate the reliability?
Where is cheapest place to get one?

Hank 172 driver

Not a Lightspeed and not cheap but if you want low pressure and,
especially if you are going to Oshkosh, you might want to look at this one:

http://www.clarityaloft.com/

A new design, new company, guy running it is a friend of mine and I have
been among those testing the headsets for him.

The earpieces have been proven and are used in military helos. The mic
and headband have been proven and are used in high-end professional
stage performance. Audio quality is absolutely stunning and they weigh
nothing. No pressure, of course, because no muffs. Actually quieter
than my ANR Softcomm C-90s, especially above the low frequency range
which is the only place that ANR works.

He told me that they were going to have special pricing for CFIs, but I
do not see it on the web site. So ask.

Other than he's a friend, I get nothing out of recommending the product.
In fact I had to pay for mine. :-(

Geo. Anderson