Old February 16th 07, 09:29 PM
mart mart is offline
Junior Member

In Australia they have found what I think is a very good answer to low finishes. A sort of middle way. You have to have a ticket to do them. That is; you fly with a instructor who teaches you to do them properly and safely.Than you get a ticket and are allowed to do them during contests where they allow them. At the last nationals at Benalla they weren't allowed because the airport is too busy. If a pilot shows unsafe behaviour doing a low finish they can simply take away his license to do them. This is a good deterrent to have safe fun.
I watched to worlds in St Auban where pilots few a circuit. The public was greatly disappointed with those boring landings. The organisation tried to make it exiting but a lot of people just walked away. They come to see exitment. The public at that comp in England were there especially for that exitment.Take that away and they will stay away and gliding dies. Try and do the Aussie middleway with safe exitment and everybody will be happy.

mart