Old October 14th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck

Default My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize General Aviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

what a lonely life that is.
working from home. horrors, perish the thought.
no cultural stimulation.
bugger all new technology.
everything you work with you have to pay for by yourself.

stupid idea.
long live the modern office.

My wife telecommutes to a job in Wisconsin. She now does it from the
hotel, but for years she did it from home.

With little kids, it was great. Like being a stay-at-home mom, with
income. Going to work meant putting slippers on, and sitting down at
the PC.

Later, when the kids were in school, you're right -- she was socially
isolated, and lonely. She is now much happier telecommuting from the
hotel, where there is obviously ample opportunity for social
interaction.

Telecommuting is great in many ways, but awful in others.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA