Old March 21st 09, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn

Default flying car (again)

"george" wrote in message
On Mar 21, 7:38 pm, Martin Hotze wrote:
"make the transition today" - they
say:http://www.terrafugia.com/aircraft.html

There was an item on TV about it.
The rate of climb left a LOT to be desired

Hmmm; I didn't even know it had flown. Their web page does not address
climb rate, but 50-foot clearance takeoff distance is listed at 1700',
which compares well to the 152's book value of 1820'.

Considering that they claim the final product will be light enough to
qualify as an LSA yet roadable, I am quite impressed so far. Given the
history of such projects, being impressed is not the same as predicting
success though.

Vaughn