Old April 23rd 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Shelly

Default unrestricted commercial operating under part 91

Got it, thanks.

Shelly

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Apr 21, 9:12 pm, "Shelly" wrote:
Hello all,

I hold an unrestricted commercial pilot's license issued in 1973. I am
not current but that's something I can take care of in a week.

My question is... I would like to fly for hire under part 91.
Specifically, I would to fly lawyers to their depos and get back home at
the end of the day. It's my understanding that I cannot do this and have
to operate under part 135? My, how times and restrictions have changed!!

My Google research indicates that all this added crap went into effect in
1993.

If your boss (the lawyers) owns the airplane; they can hire you to fly
it without it being a 135 operation. You cannot supply the airplane
though, that would be holding out.

-Robert