Old April 9th 16, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default AOA indicator

Wasn't there something years back that was attached to the trailing edge
of the wing? It included two holes, one above the wing and one below.
These holes were connected via tubing to an instrument in the cockpit
which displayed the difference in dynamic pressures between the top and
bottom of the wing which, I would assume, could be marked to show where
a stall could be expected.

Or was that one of Dick Johnson's devices for measuring drag?

On 4/9/2016 8:16 AM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Several decades ago the SSA sponsored a contest to design an AOA, now we have the technology to have a viable solution. Just saying

--
Dan, 5J