Old April 11th 16, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default AOA indicator

I've done some research into developing a pitch/yaw AOA device. It can replace the Pitot tube and provide the angle of yaw and pitch as well as airspeed. It's based on a 5-port pitot combined with today's very small, sensitive, pressure transducers, computed by a micro-processor like an Arduino or Raspberry-Pi, Including the display screen, I think it can be constructed for under $100.

Unfortunately it's a ways down on the task list, and I just spent all my pennies on a Trig22. Maybe next year.

MB

Websites to peruse:

Here's a patent for a three-port Pitot/AOA system
http://www.google.com/patents/US4378696

Dynon makes a Pitot that is a simpler two port system for positive AOA only (page 1-4):

https://www.dynonavionics.com/downlo... _-_Rev_C.pdf